Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Triangl Swimwear

I've been looking forward to a vacation all year! To make things even more exciting, I stumbled upon an Australian company called TRIANGL that sells these beautiful and simplistic neoprene bikinis!


Check out their website for some pretty awesome bikinis! I got two (since I'm going away, I need them right?). http://northamerica.triangl.com/

The first one I got is called the Chloe bikini in the colour Santa Rosa Splash. I love the vibrancy of the blue next to the classic black lining. It's a regular triangular tie bikini.

Chloe Bikini in Santa Rosa Splash
The neoprene material is basically wet suit material, and it definitely fits tighter than your regular bikinis. It has less give but it feels very comfortable on (provided you have the right size!).

The second bikini that I fell in love with is the Ollie bikini in Billie Firefly. It's a rose gold bottom with a black and orange mesh top. It's kind of bra-style so there aren't any ties or clasps for the top. Make sure you get the right size!

Ollie Bikini in Billie Firefly
They each come with matching neoprene bags that are very sturdy. I must commend TRIANGL on their customer service. They have staff available for live chats for sizing information, as well as quick email responses. Shipping charges are pretty steep (flat rate $20 USD) and the duties for Canada are killer. So, I ordered off of Luvocracy http://www.luvocracy.com/hoangjv (there's a link to my page where I have the bikinis in my Luvs) at a time where it was Free Shipping AND...NO TAX!!

I'm a deal finder, what can I say?

I got it sent to my US Kinek Point and picked it up there for 5 bucks. It shipped so quickly.

So. I got this bikini with NO tax, NO shipping fee and no duties. Holla!

Luvocracy only ships to US, so you definitely will need a US address if ordering off of them.

I can't wait to hit the beach! Just need some sunglasses...hmmmm more shopping?

Love,

jane

Follow me on BlogLovin' :) 
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ddsm4CtLIY7TMVZdk20uQ/videos

18 comments:

  1. Would you mind sharing what sizes you ordered?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For both bottoms I got a size medium - they fit perfect! The Santa Rosa Splash top I got in a medium for extra coverage and the other top was in a size small since straps aren't adjustable. Thanks for reading and hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. K,

      I've posted a quick update on the TRIANGL bikinis on my latest post. You're welcome to check it out :)

      jane

      Delete
  2. How long was shipping to Canada? And how much were you looking at for duty fees? I'm looking into ordering one, but would hate to pay for ridiculous duty fees.

    Charlotte
    www.deconstrut.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte! The shipping did not take very long - around 2 weeks. The duty fee for one bathing suit is around 25 dollars. Very expensive due to the material and country of production. However, I emailed TRIANGL about the charges and they reimbursed me!

      They're a very caring company. I'm not sure what the process will be like now, but I bought my bikini earlier this year and got the duties refunded.

      jane

      Delete
  3. I want to buy the billie firefly but I'm not sure what size to buy since I am between a small and a medium (I am a size 4 in the US). I know you said you bought a medium, If you dont mind me asking what is your US size?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, does the bikini bottom for Billie butterfly stretch in water? Because I'm a us 6 and I also ordered a M because I heard that if they fit well dry they tend to collect water when wet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Raelene!

      Yes, the Billie firefly does tend to loosen up when wet! For people between sizes (on the border of US 4/6) I would size down.

      Jane

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Hi Jane,

      Thanks for the tip, I bought Billie Firefly off a friend and a M works perfectly! But since the top is non-adjustable, I'm kind of concerned, the band fits me well, but I'm not sure whether I should get the straps altered, they don't offer much in term of support because they're kind of loose, though they don't slip off my shoulders. The bikini tends to sag, I guess, especially when I am leaning forward. Does the same thing apply to you? I like snug fit because I tend to use bikini to do laps in the pool.

      Raelene

      Delete
    4. It does tend to be a little loose in the straps! I would recommend you getting the straps altered to fit you, especially if you are doing laps in the pool! - Jane

      Delete
  5. Hi! Sorry for the weird question but what is your bra size? I am a 34B and I'm planning to order a size small chloe top. I am quite concerned on the coverage. What would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bea!

      I am a 34B and the medium suited me well. It provided a bit more coverage and since it is a bikini tie, I had no problems with it being too loose. :)

      Jane

      Delete
  6. Hi Jane! can you please show me how to not have to pay for the custom fee???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah,

      I just emailed Triangl's customer service and expressed my concerns about the custom fees that I paid. They asked for proof of payment and I sent them a photo of the receipt. They're very easy to deal with!

      Delete
  7. I am dealing with Triangl on the customs fees now. I am a USA customer and I paid $90 for the suit + $20 for flat rate shipping + $73.48 in customs. In other words, $90 for the suit and $93.48 to receive it. When I complained, the customer service email very quickly replied that they were sorry but they have no control over customs fees and no responsibility. I will never buy from this company again. If you do buy, just understand the REAL price of the suit is DOUBLE what they list as the retail price.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am dealing with Triangl on the customs fees now. I am a USA customer and I paid $90 for the suit + $20 for flat rate shipping + $73.48 in customs. In other words, $90 for the suit and $93.48 to receive it. When I complained, the customer service email very quickly replied that they were sorry but they have no control over customs fees and no responsibility. I will never buy from this company again. If you do buy, just understand the REAL price of the suit is DOUBLE what they list as the retail price.

    ReplyDelete