Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sigma Brushes

Happy Thursday everyone!

I recently purchased a set of Sigma brushes (eep!). I told myself I didn't need to have Sigma brushes but when Jaclyn Hill, one of my favourite makeup artists on YouTube, teamed up with Sigma to pick out her own set of favourite brushes to make available to the public, it just seemed like the right time. Or so I tell myself.

Turns out, it was a good idea to buy when I did because since then, that set has been out of stock! It's only available for the month of March, but they're selling like hot tamales so maybe they'll extend the sale. Here's to hoping.

Here's a link to Jaclyn's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6jgzx2g3nlbaYkd8EMweKA

So the Jaclyn Hill Expert Beauty Box includes 7 brushes:
- F80 Flat Top Kabuki (the well loved foundation brush on YouTube)
- F86 Tapered Kabuki -
- F35 Tapered Highlighter
- E55 Eye Shading
- E25 Blending
- E40 Tapered Blending
- E30 Pencil
*Plus you get a free travel sized brush with any order over $35. I got a travel sized E25!

Oh. My. Gosh.

All these beautiful brushes for $90.00. This set is a $113 value. She also had a 10% off code on her YouTube channel so that pretty much covered the shipping & handling ($9.55 to Canada).

Top to bottom: E40, E30, E25, E55, F35, F80, F86 & Travel E25
These brushes are every bit what I imagined - except maybe a bit smaller. Haha

The handles are sturdy and are clearly stamped with the brush name and number.
The synthetic brushes are soft and dense, and the goat hair brushes are slightly stiffer but still soft enough for the eye. All the brushes pick up colour well and do not shed at all.

My Favourites
The E40 is such a great blending brush. I have no bad things to say about it. It effortlessly buffs out colour to create a soft, blown-out look.
I also really love the F86 tapered kabuki brush. I used it for under eye concealer and as a contour brush. It applies just the right amount of product to the face.

I've put together a little collage for you guys to see them up close.

Jaclyn Hill Expert Beauty Box
Love,

jane

Follow me on BlogLovin' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment