Friday, March 28, 2014

Daily Skincare Routine

If you're anything like me, once you find a product that works for you, you never let it go. I've used Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser since my teens and it's my holy grail cleanser!

My daily skincare routine is pretty basic but it can be quite long! Spending time on your skin is definitely an investment that pays off. I have combination skin; oily along the T-zone and dry along the outer edges of my face and cheeks.

So, what works for me? Salicylic Acid. It might take time to figure out what works for you, but keep at it and you'll be sure to find something your skin likes. 

AM 


Aveeno Daily Brightening Scrub: I wet my face with warmish/hot water and then apply a dime-sized amount of this in circular motions all over the face, focusing on the nose.

Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser: I will rinse off the exfoliant with warm water and then use a half pump of this all over the face. After I rinse off with warm water, I always always always splash my face with cold water to close the pores up.

L'oreal YouthCode Serum Corrector: I use a half pump of this before my moisturizer. It helps balance the skin tone and fades dark spots.

Josie Maran Argan Oil Light/Coconut Oil: I use two drops of this after giving the L'oreal skin brightening cream a minute to sink in. I focus this mostly on my dry areas. I will sometimes use Coconut Oil (check out my post on Oils for more info http://www.sidesofjane.blogspot.ca/2014/03/oils-oils-oils.html) instead of the Argan if I'm at home all day (it tends to be oilier).

I wait a couple minutes before apply any makeup. While I wait I grab some water and try to guzzle it down!

PM

Sonia Kashuk Makeup Remover: I put a small amount on a cotton pad and remove my eye makeup.

Ponds Makeup Wipes: I remove the rest of my face makeup with one of these. It's important to remove all makeup first before you use any other product. If you don't your cleanser won't be able to work at full capacity.

Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub: I scrub my face with this nightly! I use a dime-sized amount for the whole face.

Mario Bedescu Acne Facial Cleanser/Biore: I use these interchangeably. Recently I've been reaching more for Mario Badescu because it's a bit gentler and the Biore Unclogging Scrub already contains Salicylic Acid in it. I will of course, splash my face with cold water after.

I've been using Ole Henrikson's Ultimate Lift Eye Gel all over my face and eye area! I needed something with extra moisture this winter - it's been a long, dry winter, so I decided to use it all over my face one day and I loved the results. I'm going to try out their actual facial moisturizer and see how it compares soon!

Lastly, for any pimples/breakouts I have, I dip a Q-tip into Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion and apply it right over the pimple itself. Be very careful not to use this around the eye area as it's pretty strong stuff and can ruin the thin skin.

Tips
- Drink lots of water! I try to have a minimum of 40 oz of water which amounts to about 5 cups of water per day. It's still under the recommended amount but that's how much I can definitely drink a day.
- Mineral makeup is always my go-to when my skin is acting up because it doesn't clog my pores.
- Finding a good moisturizer is the best tip I can give you. Dry skin can give you the appearance of advanced age and it just isn't pretty under makeup. After you use a harsh cleanser on your face it's always best to moisturize and restore the skin's balance.

There's my daily skincare routine. I hope this helps you form a routine that keeps your skin happy :)

Love,

jane

Follow me on Bloglovin' :)
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ddsm4CtLIY7TMVZdk20uQ/videos

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post! Much appreciated :)

    Gonna try out some of the products you listed. Definitely need to spend my time on my skin care routine. I'm totally guilty of not fully taking off my face makeup..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Steph :) Haha I was guilty of that too, but taking it all off definitely helps a lot!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this! Your skin is so beautiful! I think my problem is mainly water and i barely moisturized, but I bought lots of argan oil and rose water from my trip in Morocco so I'll definitely be using that. Thanks Jane!

    ReplyDelete