Saturday, March 8, 2014

GlamGlow Masks - are they worth the hype?

     I first tried GlamGlow in November when I got a sample from Sephora and lo and behold, I was hooked! I bought the "gift sexy" set that includes 34g of SuperMud and 15g of YouthMud. I couldn't find it on the Sephora.ca site, but it's still available on GlamGlow's site.

    This set retails for $69 CAD. The price is pretty steep for what is essentially, mud, but this product performed so well for me that I had to have it as part of my skincare routine. 

A little bit of this magic mud goes a looonnnggg way! I promise you.
I use it once a week and the day of any special event where I want my skin to look extra supple.

These masks visibly suck out oils from pores and unclogs them, and improves the clarity of your skin. I think the most dramatic difference I found was in the tone of my skin. My face looked instantly brighter and smoother in one use. These masks won't leave your face stripped of moisture or feeling tight, but I always moisturize after I use any mask.

SuperMud in the white and YouthMud in the black.
     My favourite is the YouthMud, however, I would recommend the SuperMud for those battling acne. The YouthMud rejuvenates my skin and the pieces of green tea leaves in there really add that antioxidant boost! Once you put the YouthMud on, you feel an intense tingle (almost but not quite a burning feeling) that fades in a few minutes. Also, the YouthMud dries a lot quicker than the SuperMud and makes the face feel tighter while it's on.

THE EXPERIMENT

So, I recruited my brother to try it for the first time and documented his experience for my blog...I'm so mean! Haha :)

Before (left) and after (right).
Look at the difference...the mask even made him smile :P

Results:
     The major difference I saw in his skin was the luminosity. His skin was more even and had less redness. His pores appeared less prominent and his face was definitely softer!

Application & Removal: 
     We left the mask on for about 20 minutes (I recommend going as long as 30 minutes) and then used a little water on the fingertips to rub the product into the skin. He then rinsed it off with warm water and followed up with a splash of cold water to close the pores.

Here's what it looks like upon first application.

Here's the mask at 5, 10 and 20 minutes after application. 


As time went on, the mask drew out more and more of the oil - you can see the spots that are darker and becoming transparent (gross, but cool). Hope this helps!

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment