Monday, April 28, 2014

April Ipsy Bag

I've been subscribed to Ipsy since December and all in all, I've been happy with the products I'm getting. Each month it works out to be about $16.55 CAD (dependent on exchange rate) for one bag. This month has definitely earned it's worth, in my opinion!

Here are my goodies:


This month's bag is "Beauty Rocks" themed and the contents of the bag work well with the theme. Although the makeup bag itself is a little flimsy (the other bags have been sturdier) I like the size of this one.

I got a travel sized Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Black Velvet, Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion treatment which I have yet to use, Elizabeth Mott's pop! goes the shadow in Champagne, Starlooks lip pencil in Naked, and lastly a Coastal Scents medium shadow brush.

The eyeliner and lip liner were my favourites of the bag (I mentioned them both in this month's favourites video), but I also really enjoy the champagne shadow. I've got a Sigma E55 brush that does a better job than the Coastal Scents one, and I'm a little wary of trying the microdermabrasion treatment.

Left to Right: pop! goes the shadow; champagne. Starlooks lip liner; Naked. UB 24/7 liner; Black Velvet.
The eyeshadow is very smooth and buttery and has a pretty glow to it. It provides a very sparkly highlight to the inner corner of the eye and it can even be used as a cheek highlight as long as you apply it carefully.

The lip liner is extremely soft and creamy! Has great pigmentation and blends like a dream!

The UB 24/7 liner is smudge-proof when it's dry and is one of the darkest, creamiest, and truest black liners I've tried on the market.

All in all, a great "bang" for your buck. Most of the products are mid-range to high-end as well. There are some "filler" products of lesser quality but it really isn't that hard on the wallet. Who knows, you may even like some lesser known products if you have an open mind! Thanks for reading :)

Love,

jane

Follow me on BlogLovin' :)

Check out Ipsy's site. 

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ddsm4CtLIY7TMVZdk20uQ/videos

No comments:

Post a Comment